Hey Pandora Users-There is a new friend in town. It’s called Iheartradio and it is being integrated into select car models
iHeartRadio, Clear Channel Media and Entertainment’s all-in-one digital radio service is now available as a customized in-dashboard application with Jaguar, Land Rover, Kia, Volvo, and GM. iHeartRadio will be available to users, whether they’re at home or on the go. iHeartRadio is now available through a variety of platforms including web, mobile smartphones (iOS, Android, Windows, BlackBerry), tablets, automotive, smart TVs, gaming consoles and more, accounting for more than 260 million app downloads.
Here are some highlights regarding the Auto Integrations:
- AT&T Drive – iHeartRadio will be a part of the new AT&T Drive automotive platform. Automotive manufacturers are working toward a connected car that takes advantage of next-generation data speeds, from voice-controlled apps and infotainment to advanced diagnostics, and AT&T is launching two new major initiatives to lead innovation in this connected car market – a first-of-its–kind connected car center in Atlanta, called the AT&T Drive Studio, and a modular, global automotive platform called AT&T Drive. iHeartRadio is proud to work with AT&T to integrate its digital radio service into the Drive Platform for the automotive market.
- QNX Software Systems – The global leader in software platforms for in-car electronics will unveil a new technology concept car that showcases the capabilities of the QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment. The car includes an Android Jellybean version of iHeartRadio, running in a secure application container. Visit the QNX Software Systems booth, #536, in the LVCC North Hall to learn more.
- GM (Chevrolet) – The iHeartRadio app will be available in the new Chevrolet AppShop on select 2015 U.S. car models with MyLink technology. Drivers and passengers of the Corvette, Equinox, Impala, Malibu, Volt, Silverado and Silverado HD vehicles will be able to download music, news, weather and travel information apps that can be safely utilized while on the road.
- Jaguar Land Rover – In 2014, Jaguar Land Rover vehicles equipped with Bosch SoftTec’s innovative InControl(TM) Apps platform will now feature iHeartRadio. Drivers simply download iHeartRadio for Auto to their smartphone in order to control and personalize their listening experience through their dashboard’s touch screen interface.
- Volvo – A dedicated iHeartRadio app built exclusively for Volvo has also been announced at CES. Volvo vehicles equipped with the Sensus Connect infotainment solution will now have access to user-created Custom Stations and more than 1,500 live radio stations via iHeartRadio.
- Kia – In addition, the iHeartRadio for Auto app will now be available for Kia vehicles with UVO. Like Volvo and Jaguar Land Rover, Kia drivers will be able to utilize iHeartRadio’s simple, made-for-driving app.