Knott’s Berry Farm Boysenberry Festival
The Boysenberry Festival at Knott’s Berry Farm is back for 2017 starting April 1st and continuing all the way through April 23rd. With so many delicious choices of food you won’t even know where to start. So here are some helpful tips:
- Get a Boysenberry Bites Tasting Card. They are only $25, and the tasting card includes generous portions of six delectable treats:
- Boysenberry Pizza at Wagon Wheel Pizza
- Boysenberry Ravioli at Spurs Chophouse
- Boysenberry Buffalo Wings at the Gold Trails Hotel
- Boysenberry BBQ Meatballs at the Bank of Calico
- Boysenberry Fry Bread at the Gourmet Churro Factory
- Boysenberry Pana Cotta at the Ghost Town Bakery
2. Arrive Early. The Boysenberry Festival is wildly popular and draws large crowds. Arriving early helps to reduce ride and food wait times and also gives you more time to experience all of the fun.
3. Purchase tasting cards at Sutters Grill, Pemmican Pickle, the Calico Saloon, the Churro Factory, the Berry Stand at the entrance of Ghost Town, the Ghost Town Bakery and at the Gold Trails hotel.
What are the Boysenberry MUST tries?
What exactly IS a Boysenberry? A boysenberry is is a cross between a European Raspberry, a European blackberry, an American dewberry and the Loganberry. All those beautiful berries make for amazing things to eat at The Boysenberry Festival and here are a few of the MUST tries!
1. Boysenberry BBQ Short Ribs
So tender, the meat practically falls off the bone! And you can buy the Boysenberry sauce in the Marketplace.
2. Boysenberry Chicken Wings
Grab some napkins and sink your teeth into The Boysenberry chicken wings. They are my absolute favorite Boysenberry item.
3. Deep fried alligator bites& fries with boysenberry aioli
If you have never tried alligator before I highly recommend this. They are deep fried and crispy and the boysenberry dipping sauce pairs great with it. Plus the skinny fries are amazing!
4. Boysenberry Meatballs
The Boysenberry Meatballs are a delicious protein packed snack on a stick! They are tender and flavorful and I get them every time I go.
5. Boysenberry Fun Bun
The fun Bun is a deep-fried cinnamon roll with Boysenberry cheese topping and a gooey cinnamon center. It will make your eyes roll into the back of your head.
Craft beer and wine vendors
And whatever you do, don’t forget about the wine and beer vendors! You get a big plate of cheese and fruit that pairs so nicely with all of the wines! It was amazing to be able to try the different varieties and talk to the somliers. They have boysenberry wine, boysenberry cider and Belgium boysenberry beer.