Flowers are blooming and the bees are buzzing, which can only mean one thing…. Spring is in the air! Come and celebrate at Great Wolf Lodge in their newly enhanced Spring-a-Palooza event taking place March 10 through April 16, 2017.
Spring-a-Palooza is Great Wolf Lodge’s celebration of everything spring, and the Grand Lobby at the resort is Spring-a-Palooza central. Here you will find colorful spring decorations throughout, including a special Great Wolf Lodge character-themed garden for children to explore.
Each Department in Great Wolf Lodge got a chance to decorate a bucket for spring and you the guest will have the chance to vote for your favorite one! Also be sure to check out the Fireplace as it is all decked out in spring decor and is great place to sit and warm up after a day in the water park.
During the five-week Spring-a-Palooza engagement, Great Wolf Lodge will offer additional entertainment options for you to enjoy, with special spring-inspired activities and events taking place daily. Some of the scheduled events include:
- Spring Picnic: A time-honored spring tradition gets a Great Wolf twist, as guests can grab a blanket, spread it out on the floor and enjoy an afternoon picnic in the Grand Lobby. Guests can sip complimentary Minute Maid beverage available from the Great Wolf Lodge character-themed Lemonade Stand and play a few rounds of “Take A Wiley Guess” card game.
- Bubble Dance Party: This special Spring-a-Palooza event fills the Grand Lobby with cascading bubbles while Great Wolf Lodge’s Ambassadors of Fun keep energy-levels high with a family-friendly dance party.
- Spring-a-Palooza Story Time: Great Wolf Lodge’s nightly Story Time takes on a spring theme with a new tale featuring the Great Wolf Lodge characters called “Natural Wonders.” Kids are encouraged to wear their favorite jammies to the Grand Lobby for this event and will have the opportunity to meet one of the Great Wolf Lodge characters in person.
- Spring Scavenger Hunts: Great Wolf Lodge will introduce two self-guided scavenger hunts as part of Spring-a-Palooza. The “I Spy Spring” scavenger hunt will have guests looking high and low in the Grand Lobby to find a dozen hidden objects and claim a prize. The “Spring Sprint” scavenger hunt has guests solving clues that will take them on a journey throughout the lodge. When all 10 clues are solved, guests are rewarded with a prize.
- Character Themed Flower Gardens: A highlight of the Spring-a-Palooza celebration is the colorful springtime gardens found in the Grand Lobby. The gardens are designed and hand-crafted by Pack Members from the resort. Surrounded by a fence, the collection of flower pots are inspired by the Great Wolf Lodge characters. Guests are encourage to stroll around the garden and vote for their favorite display.
- Jelly Bean Guessing Game: A gigantic jar filled to the brim with jelly bean candies sits in the Grand Lobby and guests are invited to enter a contest guessing how many delicious treats are within the jar. The guests closest to the correct number without going over will be entered for a chance to win a Great Wolf Lodge Gift Card.
- Spring Themed Crafts: During Spring-a-Palooza, the resort’s Ambassadors of Fun will host several spring-inspired craft making events for kids of all ages. Character-themed crafting projects include Oliver’s Crazy About Bugs Jar, Violet’s Springtime Noodle Doodle, Brinley’s Don’t Blow Away Kite and Wiley’s Can You Spot It Binoculars.
Similarly to how entry into the indoor water park is included with an overnight stay at Great Wolf Lodge, all of the Spring-a-Palooza events are also complimentary to guests staying at the resort. A complete listing of daily activities and times can be found in the Lodge Life event schedule provided to guests upon check-in.
Chef Hany at Great Wolf Lodge.
Food is a huge part of any vacation and at Great Wolf Lodge, executive Chef Hany takes pride in every dish he creates. He developed a passion for culinary arts at an early age and graduated from the International Culinary Institute before he traveled extensively in Europe and Asia, exposing his palate to as many different cuisines as possible.
Great Wolf Lodge takes allergy awareness very seriously and they are happy to accommodate your needs. The best part is that they do not serve peanut or tree nut products!
Before you leave be sure to check out the amazing Origami Cake created created by Linda Mihara, the owner of Paper Tree. It is 9 feet tall and took about two weeks to fold, before it was installed in the lobby of the Garden Grove hotel and indoor water park.
For more information on Great Wolf Resorts and its brands of indoor water park resorts, visit greatwolf.com.