Happy National Crayon Day
It’s National Crayon Day today! Happy Day to you!! Here are some fun facts:
- The first box of Crayola crayons was introduced in 1903.
- It sold for a nickel and included the same eight colors available today: red, blue, yellow, green, violet, orange, black and brown.
- Crayola produces nearly 3 billion crayons each year, an average of 12 million wax sticks daily. That’s enough to circle the globe 6 times!
- The average child in the United States will wear down about 730 crayons by his or her 10th birthday (11,464 boxes or 7 lbs of crayons) enough to cover an NBA basketball court!
- According to Christian Science Monitor, parents buy enough crayons in a year to make a giant crayon 35 feet wide and 100 feet taller than the Statue of Liberty!