From land to sea, Strictly Sail Long Beach is the Place for Families to Be!
Living in California is awesome because we are exposed to sunshine year round. Even today, the first day of fall it is hot and sunny out. A perfect day for water sports.
Family Water Activities are so much fun to do together and Long Beach has a plethera of choices to pick from. Progressive Insurance Strictly Sail Long Beach is returning to Rainbow Harbor, on Thursday, October 23 to Sunday, October 27th offering people of all ages a chance to explore the fun of sailing and the boating lifestyle. I am giving away a 4-pack of tickets to attend this exciting event at the end of this post.
Whether you want to shop for the family’s new toy or purchase your dreamboat, learn to sail on an entry-level sailboat, on-land or in-water, kayak, or test the waters on a Stand up Paddleboard, Strictly Sail Long Beach has it all. Bring the kids for an afternoon of “fun in the sun” with activities geared for all ages and skill level. And, kids under 15 are FREE (with paid adult ticket).
Located in the center of Long Beach’s famed Shoreline Village, Strictly Sail Long Beach features:
- Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center: Participate in hands-on clinics and get DIY questions answered. Certified Marine Service Technician, Fred, offers up practical and professional advice on maintaining, repairing or upgrading your boat or engine.
- It’s a boaters’ shopping paradise: There is no better place to shop and compare the top brands of sailboats, sailing gear and accessories. The best deals on new and brokerage sailboats ranging in sizes from 6 feet to 76 feet can be found at Strictly Sail Long Beach.
- Discover Boating Hands-On Skills Training: On-the-water workshops, presented by Discover Boating, will take sailing skills up a notch for both new sailors and experienced captains. This year’s show features a full schedule of workshops including Fundamental Sailing Skills, Docking Under Power and Introduction to Catamarans.
- Free sailing lesson – Sailing Simulator: Get a feel for the water without leaving shore. The highly advanced Discover Boating sailing simulator, featured at this year’s America’s Cup in San Francisco, recreates the movement of a boat under sail. With the help of a certified instructor, learn to use a tiller and feel how a boat reacts to wind and waves.
- Try It Cove featuring on-water fun: Free hands-on, on-the-water, activities for all guests to enjoy. Try out entry-level sailboats, stand up paddleboarding (SUP), kayaking and more. Visitors are encouraged to bring a suit and towel for Try It Cove activities.
- 2nd Annual Cruising Outpost Cruisers’ Party – Saturday, October 26: — All sailors are invited to this dockside celebration featuring free beer and pizza, live music and prizes.
- For the grown-ups, educational clinics and seminars: Experienced and novice sailors alike can benefit from the numerous educational sessions offered on and off the water at Strictly Sail Long Beach. Blue Water Sailing Magazine presents a complete schedule of free hourly seminars on topics including the basics of hoisting sails, boating safety and navigating by the stars. World-renowned sailing pros will teach a number of immersive three-hour, half-day and full-day paid seminars and clinics, which include same day entry to the show.
Admission to Strictly Sail Long Beach is $10 for adults; youth 15 and younger accompanied by an adult and active military with ID are free. Tickets can be purchased in advance online or at the box office (cash only). Show hours: Thursday and Friday 12pm-7:00pm; Saturday, 10:00am-7:00pm and Sunday, 10:00am-6:00pm. For more information call (714) 633-7581 or visit www.strictlysaillongbeach.com.
Strictly Sail Long Beach on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and show updates about guest speakers, seminars, exhibitors, giveaways and highlights! Don’t forget to enter my