Who would have thought that even at 40 years old I still get crazy excited about fast roller coasters and getting chased around an amusement park by scary monsters. I literally feel like a kid in a candy store when it comes to events like this. Fright Fest at Magic Mountain is one of those events that gets my goosbumps started and my adrenaline into high gear! I’ll bring lozenges with me because I know I will be screaming and laughing hysterically. It it a “safe” fear that makes it so much fun!
Fright Fest At Six Flags Magic Mountain
Six Flags Magic Mountain’s 27th season of Fright Fest features 23 terrifying nights of demons, ghouls and crazed characters ready to strike fear in any one who cross their path. The bone-chilling lineup of haunted attractions features a new slider show, added days, plus year two of the 30-Hour Coffin Challenge. Six Flags Magic Mountain leaves no tombstone unturned to deliver what guests want most…an all- out terrifying experience.
Fright Fest boasts a grand total of 12 electrifying mazes and dare-to-enter scare zones, along with nightmarish roaming zombies around every corner. To take fright to a new extreme, Six Flags Magic Mountain is adding a sinister element to some of the park’s monster coasters by turning off the lights, leaving riders to face their fears in total darkness.
To enhance the scare factor this year, Magic Mountain is introducing a new ghoul slider show that will definitely get the sparks flying every night, plus they are bringing back one of their most popular mazes and adding a terrifying twist, according to Park President Neal Thurman. They have also expanded their calendar to include 23 terror-filled Fright Fest nights with an incredible line up of spine-tingling, bone-chilling entertainment.
Highlights of this year’s Fright Fest lineup include:
- The Cemented, where the undead spark up the night for a ghoulish competition on all fours in a slide or die show;
- Vault 666 Unlocked, is the return of the fan-favorite maze, Vault 666, only this time demonic relics are locked in a dark and sinister antique shop, casting spells and haunting those who try and steal them; and
- 30-Hour Coffin Challenge, returns for year two when six selected coffin dwellers vie for a cash prize while facing eerie visitors and challenges along the way. The undead will enter their coffins on Friday, September 13th and the winner resurrected at 9 p.m. on September 14th.
Along with Vault 666 Unlocked, popular returning mazes that incorporate state-of-the-art makeup, props, and special effects:
- Condemned – Forever Damned, is full of horrific haunts of a dilapidated home where the walls are alive and the spirits of those who once lived there unleash their fury on anyone who dares enter;
- Sewer of Souls, takes guests into an underground world of lost souls and terrifying tunnels where evil oozes;
- The region’s largest outdoor maze ever built, Aftermath 2: Chaos Rising, covers more than 40,000 square feet. Enter a post-apocalyptic city featuring larger-than-life props, fire, fog and other special effects;
- Red’s Revenge, over the river and through the woods, to Grandmother’s house you go, but in this fairytale, guests and the wolf are hunted by Red and her demonic minions; and
Willoughby’s Resurrected, a reincarnation of the Willoughby family’s beloved haunted mansion that includes hair-raising horror down long harrowing hallways and around each nightmarish-turn.
Six scare zones around the park leave guests nowhere to hide and screaming to get out unscathed. They are:
1. The Shadows, which is sure to raise a few goosebumps as eerie whispers, long windy howls and mysterious gory creatures lurk in total darkness;
2. Witches Lair returns to this year’s horror-filled offering of haunts as the City of METROPOLISTM is transformed into a haven for wicked spells and black magic;
3. Demon’s Door, once you enter the park, be prepared for your mind and body to be completely taken over by the evil spirits that await you;
4. Steam-spewing mechanical beasts relentlessly hunt down their victims in TERRORtory Twisted;
5. Nightmares – A Twisted Fantasy, where your childhood favorite bedtime stories take on a perverse twist; and
6. Freak out on Exile Hill when unimaginable sinister souls appear without warning.
Spooktacular shows include the hypnotist, who puts park guests in compromising scenarios in her hilarious stage show located in Golden Bear Theater, and the very popular VooDoo Nights, where Ghoul Rock goes pop with today’s hits. Be sure to dust off your thriller moves and join in the fun in the Full Throttle Plaza.
Guests can literally face their fears in the shadows when the lights go out on some of the Park’s iconic coasters, including Twisted Colossus, Full Throttle, Tatsu, Viper, X2, Scream, Goliath, The New Revolution, and others during Fright Fest.
For the little monsters, a Trick or Treat Trail and Halloween crafts round out the activities during the day.
Tips For Fright Fest at Magic Mountain
- Magic Mountain is ginormous which means a lot of walking. Be sure to take time out to rest if you are playing in the park before fright fest.
- Get the Fright Fest Express Maze Pass. You will get access to the Fright Fest mazes requires a maze pass. Express Maze pass provides quick and unlimited access to all mazes for one night. Does not include park admission.
- Dine with the dead- For Just $24.99 You can get an All-You-Can-Eat Catered meal in the East Picnic Pavilion. Valid on Saturdays only October 5, 12, 19, 26 Park admission not included.
- Bring a change of clothes. It can get very hot in the day and cool off quickly at night.
- Be careful of filming. They may tell you photos only.
- Absolutely DO NOT miss the unleashing of the monsters. There is so much energy and so much fog it is really a sight to see!
Hours and Dates
Fright Fest Operating Hours and Days:
10:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.: September 14, 21, 27, 28, October 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26 10:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.: September 15, 22, 29 October 6, 13, 20, 27, 31
10:30 a.m. to 12 a.m.: November 1, 2, 3
For more information on Six Flags Magic Mountain’s Fright Fest, visit the website at www.sixflags.com/magicmountain
So what do you think? are you ready for a frightening good time?