Who would have thought that even at 44 years old I still get crazy excited about fast roller coasters and getting chased around an amusement park by scary monsters. I literally feel like a kid in a candy store when it comes to events like this. Fright Fest at Magic Mountain is one of those events that gets my goosebumps started and my adrenaline into high gear! I’ll bring lozenges with me because I know I will be screaming and laughing hysterically. It it a “safe” fear that makes it so much fun!
Fright Fest At Six Flags Magic Mountain
Six Flags Magic Mountain’s 28th season of Fright Fest is back with 24 terrifying nights of monsters, ghouls, and crazed characters ready to strike fear in any one who crosses their path. The bone-chilling lineup of haunted attractions features two new spine-tingling scare zones, a dark and twisted photo experience, two new mind-numbing shows, and added days. Six Flags Magic Mountain leaves no tombstone unturned to deliver what guests want most…an all-out terrifying experience.
Fright Fest boasts a grand total of 14 electrifying mazes and dare-to- enter scare zones with nightmarish zombies lurking around every corner. To take fright to a new extreme, Six Flags Magic Mountain is also adding a sinister element to some of the park’s monster coasters by turning off the lights, leaving riders to face their fears in total darkness.
To enhance the fright factor this year, they are introducing two new scare zones with unexpected, dark surprises around every corner and two new shows guaranteed to make your blood run cold”, They have also expanded their calendar to include 24 terror-filled Fright Fest nights with an incredible line up of hair-raising entertainment.
Highlights of this year’s Fright Fest lineup include:
- The Deadzone, located in the newest area of the park, The Underground, unleashes a new renegade group of cyberpunk zombies that feed on unsuspected visitors.
- Terror Rising – Dark Developments, where everyone’s worst nightmares rise up from the depths of hell and prey on the innocent who dare to enter this haunted cemetery. Beware of the dark developments that could haunt you for all eternity;
- Grave Games is a dangerous and daring show featuring acts of crossbows and fire juggling;
- Dark Minds is a mentalist show exploring the deep, disturbing thoughts lurking within the darkest depths of the mind.
Popular Mazes Returning
View this post on Instagram
Popular returning mazes that incorporate state-of-the-art makeup, props, and special effects, include:
- Willoughby’s Resurrected where the haunts of Ghostober take on dark visions of spirits, haunted artifacts, and supernatural investigations gone wrong. Brought to Fright Fest by Discovery+, the streaming home of Halloween;
- Condemned – Forever Damned is full of horrific haunts of a dilapidated home where the walls are alive and the spirits of those who once lived there unleash their fury on anyone who dares enter;
- Vault 666 Unlocked returns as the fan-favorite maze, Vault 666, only this time demonic relics are locked in a dark and sinister antique shop, casting spells and haunting those who try and steal them;
- Sewer of Souls takes guests into an underground world of lost souls and terrifying tunnels where evil oozes;
- Aftermath2:Chaos Rising is the region’sl argest outdoor maze covering more than 40,000 square feet where the spirits of the dead and the near-dead inhabit a post- apocalyptic city with larger-than-life props, fire, fog, and other special effects; and
- Red’s Revenge, over the river and through the woods to Grandmother’s house they go, but in this “scarytale” the roles are reversed as guests and the wolf are hunted by Red and her demonic minions.
Six scare zones around the park leave guests nowhere to hide and screaming to get out unscathed. They are:
- City Under Siege – Beware of the dark corners where the clowns are loose and running rampant through the streets.
- Witches Lair – Returns to this year’s horror-filled offering of haunts as the City of METROPOLISTM is transformed into a haven for wicked spells and black magic.
- Demon’s Door – Guests who enter the park through Demon’s Door should be prepared for their mind and body to be completely taken over by the evil spirits that await
- TERRORtory Twisted – Steam-spewing mechanical beasts relentlessly hunt down their victims.
- Nightmares – A Twisted Fantasy, where childhood favorite bedtime stories take on a perverse twist.
- Exile Hill – Freak out on Exile Hill when unimaginable sinister souls appear without warning.
Shows At Fright Fest
Spooktacular shows include the new Grave Games located in the Golden Bear Plaza and Dark Minds in the Gearworks Theater, the ghoulish Sliders of the Night show in DC UNIVERSETM, plus the very popular VooDoo Nights, where ghoul rock goes pop with today’s hits. Guests will want to dust off those thriller moves and join in the fun in the Full Throttle Plaza.
Guests can literally face their fears in the shadows when the lights go out on some of the park’s iconic coasters during Fright Fest, including Twisted Colossus, Viper, X2, Scream, Goliath, Apocalypse, and more.
For the little monsters, a Trick-or-Treat Trail and Halloween crafts round out the frightfully fun family activities during the day.
World Famous Funnel Cake Factory: Night Crawler Funnel Cake; Funnel Scream Cake featuring SNICKERS®
Plaza Café: Graveyard Pudding
Plaza Ice Cream & Shakes: Fright Fest SCREAMwich; Frightening Fanta® Fizz
Food Etc.: Chupacabra Nachos (ASDP snack)
Full Throttle Sports Bar: “Scaracha Style” Wings; Spiked Hell on Ice; Deadly Apple Cocktail;
High Octane Wings & Max’d Out Mac & Screaming Spuds: “Scaracha Style” Wings; Diablo Dog
Wascals: “Scaracha Style” Chicken Strips and Chicken Sandwich; Graveyard Pudding (ASDP snack)
Snack Shack: Chupacabra Nachos (ASDP snack)
Munchiez: Diablo Dog
BIG BELLY™ Burger: “Scaracha Style” Chicken Strips; Chupacabra Nachos (ASDP snack)
ACE O’ CLUBS™: Graveyard Pudding (ASDP snack); Frightening Fanta® Fizz
METRO PARK™ Pub: Deadly Apple Cocktail
Soda Shack: Chupacabra Nachos (ASDP snack)
Chicken Coupe: “Scaracha Style” Chicken Sandwich and Chicken Strips
Snack Trax: Chupacabra Nachos (ASDP snack); Frightening Fanta® Fizz
Katy’s Kettle: “Scaracha Style” Chicken Sandwich and Chicken Strips; Graveyard Pudding (ASDP snack)
Soda Springs: Chupacabra Nachos (ASDP snack)
Tips For Fright Fest at Magic Mountain
- Magic Mountain is ginormous which means a lot of walking. Be sure to take time out to rest if you are playing in the park before fright fest.
- Get the Fright Fest Express Maze Pass. You will get access to the Fright Fest mazes requires a maze pass. Express Maze pass provides quick and unlimited access to all mazes for one night. Does not include park admission.
- Bring a change of clothes. It can get very hot in the day and cool off quickly at night.
- Be careful of filming. They may tell you photos only.
- Absolutely DO NOT miss the unleashing of the monsters. There is so much energy and so much fog it is really a sight to see!
Hours and Dates
Fright Fest Operating Hours and Days:
10:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.: September 11, 18, 24, 25, October 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30 10:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.: September 12, 19, 26 October 3, 10, 17, 21, 24, 28, 31
For more information on Six Flags Magic Mountain’s Fright Fest, visit the website at www.sixflags.com/magicmountain
So what do you think? are you ready for a frightening good time?