There’s a new roller coaster at Seaworld San Diego and it has every family-friendly thrill you can imagine! It’s called Arctic Rescue and emulates riding onboard a snowmobile. Once you hop onboard your snowmobile you will launch at up to 40 mph on a chilly adventure as you race through the unpredictable arctic climate to help animals in danger. Guests experience three exhilarating launches, each faster than the last, at 34, 38 and 40 miles per hour. The straddle snowmobile-style seats allow for an immersive ride experience for each rider as they lean into banks and turns and glide up heights as tall as 30 feet along the 2,800 feet of track. With its 48-inch height requirement, adventure seekers of all ages will enjoy the thrills and chills of Arctic Rescue. Manufactured by Intamin Worldwide, each train holds 16 riders in eight, two-person rows.
Key Points Of Arctic Rescue
- Arctic Rescue, SeaWorld San Diego’s new attraction for 2023, is a family-friendly, triple-launch straddle coaster.
- The new coaster is the longest and fastest straddle coaster on the West Coast.
- Arctic Rescue is named one of the most anticipated new roller coasters and rides in 2023 by USA Today.
- Riders will hop on a snowmobile and enjoy three launches, each increasing in speed, as they twist and turn through a chilly rescue mission and race through the unpredictable arctic climate to help animals in danger.
- This exciting attraction will bring awareness to threats facing Arctic sea life from climate change and global warming.
- SeaWorld’s coolest new coaster will feature an indoor launch station where passengers will start their journey inside of the Wild Arctic exhibit and launch outside straddling a unique snowmobile style vehicle.
- The straddle snowmobile-style seats allow for an immersive ride experience for each rider as they lean into banks and turns and glide up heights as tall as 30 feet along the 2,800 feet of track.
Video of The Queue
The inside of the queue is spacious and almost futuristic. It reminded me a bit of the queue from Space Mountain.
Video of Arctic Rescue in Motion
Here is a video of my daughter and I onboard Arctic Rescue
Point Of View On Arctic Rescue
Alaska SeaLife Center
SeaWorld San Diego partnered with the nonprofit rescue and research facility Alaska SeaLife Center for the opening of Arctic Rescue, which is located alongside the Wild Arctic exhibit. The partnership pays homage to the new coaster that was inspired by icy Arctic summits. Guests will learn more about Alaska’s wildlife and the need for conservation as they queue to board this highly anticipated ride at SeaWorld. SeaWorld Rescue San Diego also partners with the Alaska SeaLife Center on the rescue and rehabilitation of Alaskan animals including seals, sea lions, belugas, otters, and walruses, among others.
The Alaska SeaLife Center is the only facility in Alaska that combines a public aquarium with marine research, education, and wildlife response. While primarily dedicated to marine research and education, the nonprofit Center is the only permanent marine mammal rescue and rehabilitation facility in Alaska.