Do you have any rituals that you do with your kids that your own mom used to do with you? We have a silly ritual in our house that I have been doing since my oldest son was born and it involves the dryer. Every night when one of my boys take a shower I throw their towel in the dryer and get it toasty hot so that when they get out they have a warm towel to wrap around their cold wet bodies. They love hot towels so much that when ever I take a load of laundry out of the dryer they beg me to throw it on top of them.
Here is a list of some fun family rituals you can start incorporating into your routine today!
- Make S’mores in the fireplace
- Take the kids bowling in their pajamas
- Drive to the closest airport and find an area where you can watch planes take off and land.
- The night before your child’s birthday fill their room up with dozens of helium balloons so they get a surprise when they wake up.
- Have breakfast for dinner once a week
- Play music while you cook. When a good song comes on yell “Dance Break” and start dancing around in the kitchen.
- Rent an inflatable movie screen and have a movie night in your backyard. This is great for Holidays.
- Take the kids out for a family drive to look at all the light in the neighborhood during Christmas.
- Speaking of Christmas, make it a tradition to have lasagna on Christmas/Eve instead of a ham.
- Start “Snuggle Sunday”. Every Sunday morning have everyone snuggle in your bed before going downstairs.
- Set a tent up in the living room on birthdays and watch a movie from inside the tent. Kids love this!
- Start “Fondue Fridays”
What is your favorite family ritual?