Gelli Feather Printing Kit
I often try to sway my kids to do arts and crafts with me because if keeps them off the screens and I find that doing crafts engages their creativity and sparks their imagination. This weekend my daughter and I tried out a new project called feather printing with a kit from Gelli Arts.
It’s an all in one DIY craft kit . It comes with a 5” x 5” Gel Printing Plate, (3) 1 oz. Premium Acrylic Paints, 4” Roller, 8 White Feathers, 3-sided mini Texture Comb, 12 pcs. of 5” x 5” Parchment Paper, 3 Design Elements, easy to follow instructions and a convenient Storage Container to keep your kit neat and organized.
If you are wondering to yourself, why would I enjoy creating printed feathers here are some uses for beautiful feathers:
- Affix a bobble to a layer of feathers & voila you have a beautiful broach
- Give an old hat new life
- Adhere to a pair of dress shoes.
- Make your tween look hip by putting them in her hair
- Add the wow factor to your dream catcher by using colorful printed feathers.
- Add the finishing touches to a holiday centerpiece or decoration
Instructions Are Easy
- Start by placing a small amount of paint on the gel plate.
- Then roll it out.
- Place feather on top and cover it with a piece of paper. Press down to transfer the paint. Remove
- Add more paint to gel plate and use the included tools to form wavy designs or bubbles. You can even use the bubble wrap it came in.
- Lay feather down on other side. Cover it with piece of paper and press down to transfer the paint.
- Keep repeating until you are satisfied with your design.
Watch The Demo Video
This was a great way to bond with my daughter and watch her express herself. For more information visit Gelli arts on Facebook and on Twitter.