Mark your calendars! This is going to be a fun December! SeaWorld San Diego is bringing holiday cheer and traditions to families this holiday season at its annual Christmas Celebration with ALL-NEW entertainment and offerings including a Christmas cirque show, an entertaining Sesame Street show full of song and dance, a winter wonderland of snowfall, and an all-new musical and twinkling 30-foot Christmas tree.
Holiday celebrations, including Hanukkah and Kwanzaa festivities, are running on select dates November 12 through January 2, 2022. With lights spread over 100 acres of expansive open-air grounds and eye-catching displays including the iconic 320-foot Skytower Tree of Lights and holiday fireworks, guests can fill their days and evenings with new performances and activities including:
- Santa’s Circus Show – The magic of Christmas will come alive at Santa’s Circus, an interactive family-friendly show with breathtaking stunts, illusion, comedy, and everything people love about Christmas.
- Snowfall in Jingle Bell Square – Experience a white Christmas south of the North Pole to see a snowfall and a chance to catch a few flakes in your hands.
- Elmo’s Christmas Wish Show – Join Cookie Monster, Rosita, Grover, and Zoe as they help Elmo find his Christmas wish at this all-new show at SeaWorld San Diego! Families are sure to be singing and dancing along while watching this fun holiday show.
- Holiday Lights & Magic – Explore the magic and wonder of SeaWorld’s beautifully decorated outdoor park grounds an all-new 30 ft. Christmas tree with thousands of twinkling lights and over eight Christmas songs programmed to the movement of multiple lighting designs.
Guests can renew holiday traditions by visiting Santa’s Cottage for an opportunity to share their Christmas wishes with Santa and gather around as Mrs. Claus reads a storybook to kids of all ages. Plus, everyone’s favorite reindeer is nearby at Rudolph’s Christmastown where Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer™ will make spirits bright with a photo to take home and cherish. Other popular returning fun includes:
- Holiday Fireworks – There’s nothing like seeing the sky above SeaWorld light up with festive colors and brilliant pyrotechnics! Don’t miss the thrilling spectacle of this special holiday fireworks display, showing on select nights in November and December.
- Clyde and Seamore’s Christmas Special – A guest favorite animal presentation has a new holiday twist. Guests can see their favorite sea lions with a touch of yuletide flair.
- Sesame Street Christmas Village – Oh what fun it is to gather with family and friends at the Sesame Street® Christmas Village. Here, treetops glisten with twinkling lights and families can enjoy photo opportunities with everyone’s favorite furry friends in their festive holiday attire.
- Holiday Brunch with Elmo and Friends – Join your favorite Sesame Street friends for a fun-filled holiday feast. The whole family will enjoy the tasty menu options while Elmo and friends dance, sing, and mingle with guests for hugs and photos.
- Christmas Cookies with Cookie Monster – C is for Cookies… and CHRISTMAS! Celebrate the Christmas season by decorating cookies and grooving to holiday songs with Cookie Monster and friends.
- Holiday Cocktails, Craft Beer, Hot Chocolate & More – Grown-ups will want to get even more festive with an ice-cold brew, a glass of wine or one of SeaWorld’s specialty holiday cocktails. Or for the whole family, experience SeaWorld’s famous hot chocolate with candy toppings.
- Reindeer Round-Up Scavenger Hunt – Get started on a merry quest with a Reindeer Round-Up Map! Explore the park to find all of Santa’s beloved reindeer and mark each location on your map to collect a special gift.
“Christmas and the holiday season have taken over SeaWorld allowing our guests to experience the wonders of SeaWorld in a spectacular new way with stunning displays of lights, holiday cheer and joyful experiences throughout the entire park,” said John Dunlap, SeaWorld San Diego Park President. “During this special time of year, we’re honored that families choose to visit our park to create lifelong memories and priceless traditions.”
SeaWorld will also be celebrating Hanukkah and Kwanzaa with a traditional menorah lighting from November 28 through December 6 and a joyous time of reflection and celebration of African heritage with the nightly lighting of the kinara from December 26 through January 1.
Event times and dates are subject to change or cancellation without notice. Please see seaworld.com/san-diego/park-info/theme-park-hours for the daily schedule.