Fortunately, I am married to a man who could care less about football, so I have never had to worry about becoming a “football widow”. However, for anyone who does have a hubby or boyfriend or even loves football themselves, I have some great Football Fuel recipes from StarKist Tuna that is sure to make everyone happy. Even when someone IS arguing with the TV =)
Stuffed Banana Peppers
1 pouch (2.6 oz.) StarKist Tuna Creations®, Hickory Smoke
4 oz. light cream cheese, softened
¾ cup shredded Cheddar Jack cheese, divided
¼ cup diced red and green peppers
1/8 cup diced red onion
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
5 banana peppers, split in half and cleaned
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix tuna, cream cheese, ½ cup shredded cheese, peppers, onion, garlic and cayenne pepper until smooth.
- Spread tuna mixture inside each half pepper and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 4 minutes, until lightly browned on top. Top each pepper with 1-2 tsp. remaining cheese and place back in oven for 1 minute to melt cheese.
- Serve with a drizzle of hot sauce if desired.
- One 2.6-oz. pouch StarKist® Low Sodium Albacore Tuna in Water
- 1/8 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 2 medium butter lettuce leaves (or other round lettuce leaves)
- Optional: salt-free seasoning mix
1 pouch (2.6 oz.) StarKist Tuna Creations®, Ranch
1 whole wheat Flatout® flatbread
¼ cup shredded Mexican or Colby Jack cheese
1 crispy strip of bacon, crumbled
¼ tsp. of buffalo hot sauce + additional for sprinkling on pizza
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place flatbread on cookie sheet. Cover with shredded cheese and sprinkle with bacon pieces.
- Mix tuna with hot sauce in a small bowl and spread evenly over the pizza.
- Drizzle with additional hot sauce if desired.
- Bake for 5 minutes, until flatbread is crisp. Cut into 4 pieces and enjoy.