Christmas time is in full effect at Universal Studios Hollywood! The entire park is decked out in holiday decor, festive lights, music and so much more!! We had a chance to check out Holidays in the park over the weekend and it was the first time we experienced “Grinchmas”. Oh my goodness I felt like I was living in the actual grinch movie. It was so much fun and the characters and costumes are magnificent!
Tip: Get your pictures with the grinch early in the day as the line get long super fast. We got there early and still waited 30 mins.
Take your picture with Max the dog. Max is actually a real dog and has the cutest personality. He might sniff you and give you a kiss. My daughter loves animals so this was a highlight for her to be up close to him.
Meet the Mayor of whoville. The mayor has a Q& A session and will answer any of tyour questions. No question is too silly! He has the perfect answer for everything.
The characters in whoville are straight from the screen. Whimsical and quirky and fun! Although they have to wear a mask they all have the signature pointed nose.
- festive holiday décor throughout the streets of Hogsmeade, including lights, wreaths, garland and the largest ball of mistletoe you’ve ever seen.
- The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle — A nighttime show with projections, music and dazzling lights returns in 2021 (this will be the first Hogwarts nighttime show since the park reopened).
- Holiday Frog Choir — Ring in the holiday season with holiday songs sung by a choir of Hogwarts students and their croaking frogs.
- Holiday food — Try hot Butterbeer, the way Harry Potter and his friends enjoy it. Seasonal foods may include the English Holiday Dinner with juicy turkey, gravy, sourdough stuffing, carrots, Brussels sprouts, bacon-wrapped sausage and cranberry sauce at the Three Broomsticks. It’s quite tasty! The Three Broomsticks also offers a “Cheese Toasty with Chicken” sandwich (think fancy grilled cheese with chicken, bacon mustard sauce and sliced tomato) served with salad or potato wedges.
- Holiday shopping — Pick up your wizarding ornaments, stockings, figurines and tree topper so you can take the holiday magic home with you.
Universal Studios Hollywood is the perfect destination for creating new holiday traditions with the whole family. Enjoy Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ where you can see Hogsmeade™ transformed with enchanting spirit, festive décor and holiday-themed food, beverages and entertainment. And experience The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts™ Castle, a holiday spectacle of dazzling lights and music.
Spread the cheer and join in on the fun of Who-tacular festivities with The Grinch™, Max and Who-ville with the return of Grinchmas™.
End your day at Universal CityWalk, where you can enjoy our spectacular Christmas tree, sumptuous outdoor dining, and fun holiday shopping.
Christmas time in Southern California is such a magical time of year. There are parades, light displays and holiday happenings that only appear this time of the year. One of our favorite places to take in the sights is Universal Studios Hollywood.
It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas at The Entertainment Capital of L.A. as Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal CityWalk deck the halls with a wintry calendar of festive holiday experiences and an array of delectable treats that families and friends far and wide can enjoy.
The addition of nightly glistening snowfall to “Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” will enhance the yuletide spirit that resonates throughout the land as HogwartsTM castle transforms into a dazzling light projection spectacular and the quaint town of Hogsmeade village shines brightly with décor uniquely themed to each of the individual storefronts.
Included in this annual Holiday Festivity is:
- a cappella Frog Choir, comprised of Hogwarts students and their giant throaty frogs, who return to entertain guests with their harmonized holiday themed songs.
- A wide selection of custom-made Christmas ornaments created especially for “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” will also be available. Collectibles include a variety of decorative Hogwarts castle snow globes, Hogwarts crest and mascot ornaments representing each of the houses, as well as a collection of unique tree toppers and house pennant garland.
- Newly introduced holiday-themed fare and hot Butterbeer will further complement the overall experience.
“Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” will take place beginning Friday, November 26 and running daily through Sunday, January 2, 2022.
As night falls on Hogsmeade village, “The Magic of Christmas at HogwartsTM Castle” will illuminate Hogwarts™ School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with colorful imagery and impressive dimensional animations that dance across Hogwarts castle in tandem to a musical arrangement from the Harry Potter movies.
“Grinchmas™” returns to Universal Studios Hollywood with a Who-lebration of fun fit for The Grinch, his faithful dog Max and a roster of Who-ville Whos. The annual event comes to life with a towering 65 foot-tall “Grinchmas” tree in Universal Plaza, adorned with hundreds of ornaments and thousands of LED lights. A dazzling tree lighting ceremony accompanied by a snowfall flurry will take place every evening, bringing good tidings and season’s greetings as guests celebrate with The Grinch, his faithful dog Max and the Who-ville Whos, who will be performing on select nights. A selection of themed Who-tacular sweet treats, including hot cocoa will be available for purchase.
Spirited holiday décor and festive whimsy will permeate throughout the theme park including “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem” and the adjoining “Super Silly Fun Land” as a crew of very merry and mischievous Minions gleefully spread Christmas cheer to visitors of all ages.
On Universal CityWalk a spectacular 40-foot tall Christmas tree will glisten with 200,000 LED icicles choreographed to the lights and sounds of the season in the 5 Towers plaza. Santa Claus will make daily appearances and offer special photo opportunities at 5 Towers.
The iconic, dancing water fountain situated at the heart of CityWalk will also make a splash this holiday season. This visually dynamic fountain, displaying over 230 individual power jets, will project streams of choreographed water into the air complemented by red and green LED lights and an array of holiday-themed music.
Free concert performances at “5 Towers” and an eclectic ensemble of talented street performers will make CityWalk the ultimate L.A. holiday destination.
The spirit of the season continues with a wintertime transformation of Universal CityWalk, beginning the day after Thanksgiving.
The holidays at Universal Studios Hollywood is included in the price of theme park admission. More information is available at www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com. Like Universal Studios Hollywood on Facebook and follow @UniStudios on Instagram and Twitter.
Admission to Universal CityWalk is free. More information available at www.CityWalkHollywood.com